It’s all over the place, isn’t it? ‘Nuff said.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
First off, we have a party to go to,we do. Nice Deb’s actual birthday was April 6th, but we’ll celebrate it in style today!
First off, a cake. I chose a double Dutch chocolate number with chocolate ganache icing and just a lil’ bit of rum for flavor.
Beverage? I thought some Kristal Brut would go nicely. Can’t go wrong with a classic, yes?
Our friend Debra is fairly new to the Council. Back last June when a vacancy opened up, I happened across her site and really liked what this no nonsense conservative lady was putting out. Her response when I asked if she’d be interested in joining the Council? “Sure, sounds like fun.”
You see, that’s the other side of her persona. Among her other attributes, she has a really good sense of humor, so I knew right then she’d fit in well with the rest of the gang. And she certainly has, to say the least.
Not that it should be any surprise, of course. As she’s shown me and her other Council mates on many occasions, she really is Nice Deb.
Happy Birthday, Debra..and many, many more.
THE COUNCIL IN ACTION:
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…. Check out the nominations:
- Liberty’s Spirit – An Open Letter to the Jewish-American Community: What is wrong with you?
- The Noisy Room – The Cuban Spring That Never Was – A Social Networking Petri Dish
- The Independent Sentinel – Looking for Answers to the Autism Epidemic in All the Wrong Places
- Joshuapundit-Yes, The Peace Talks Are Dead – And An Opportunity For Real Peace Comes Alive
- Ask Marion – The Elephants in the Room
- Simply Jews – Are Israelis Planning Another 911?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Mozilla CEO forced out due to radical P.C.
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Enhanced Handwringing
- VA Right! - Being Conservative is Like Being Pregnant: You Are or you ARE NOT!
- Bookworm Room – We don’t have a “gay mafia,” we have a “gay Soviet”
- Nice Deb – The Curious Case of Obama’s Cancelled State Dinner In Saudi Arabia
- Rhymes With Right – Retired Justice John Paul Stevens Proposes A Good Constitutional Amendment — And Five Stinkers
- The Razor – Obamacare Tax Is Here for Individuals Too
- The Right Planet – Video: Common Clod Jeb Bush Launches Ad Campaign Promoting Common Core
- The Glittering Eye -The Distraction
- Midknight Review – A surprise decision by the High Court. What does it mean? For starters, fairer elections.
- Maggie’s Notebook – Ted Cruz: We’re a Nation of “Immigrants” and a Nation of “Rule of Law
- Right Reason – Trevor Loudon: “Our allies are freaking out!”
- The Pirate’s Cove – Surprise: Premiums Spiked In Recent Years
- Qanta Ahmad/National Review – Honor Diaries: Silencing Speaks Volumes submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Sultan Knish –A World War of Community Organizers submitted by The Noisy Room
- Jonathan Turley –“Send Him To Juvie”: Student Suspended After He Allegedly Twirled A Pencil And Another Student Said That He Felt Threatened submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Matt Walsh – Hey gay rights militants: your fascism is showing submitted by Joshuapundit
- Andrew Stiles/Washington Free Beacon – Harry Reid Took Money from Koch Lobbyist submitted by Ask Marion
- The Centre Left – The Guardian reaches a new low (iii) submitted by Simply Jews
- Douglas Ernst – OkCupid: Brendan Eich is the ‘enemy,’ so ignore the fact we sell your personal info to the highest bidder submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Carnegie Europe – Dangers of German Strategy submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- CNS News – Americans on Medicaid Exceed Population of UK submitted by VA Right!
- Victor Davis Hanson - America’s New Anti-Strategy submitted by Bookworm Room
- Bryan Preston/PJ Tattler - Massive Vote Fraud Discovered in NC’s 2012 Election submitted by Nice Deb
- Michael Quinn Sullivan – Constitution Doesn’t Matter submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Yevgen Sautin/American Prospect – Russia’s Next Move in Ukraine submitted by The Razor
- The Blaze – What if an ex-KGB officer predicted that the USSR would fake its own collapse to ultimately defeat the West … and no one listened? submitted by The Right Planet
- The Daily Dish – The Hounding of a Heretic submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO – The Liberal Gulag submitted by The Watcher
- The Other McCain – ‘Highly Intoxicated Vaginal Penetration’: RapeCulture and Campus Reality submitted by Watcher